Life has a way of throwing us curveballs. A personalized quilt is a heartwarming group gift that provides comfort and love in challenging times. We have compiled an array of additional resources to help you support people you care about through a range of issues and life events.
Free Color-Your-Own Greeting Cards
Simply print, fold and color to start spreading the love!
Supporting from Afar
In our conversation with Alison Swisher, LMFT, we discuss strategies for connecting with our loved ones despite physical separation.
10 Ways to Help Someone Facing an Extended Illness or Injury
- Wrap them in love in a cozy, custom quilt made with other members of their support network, family and/or community.
- Identify how they wish to communicate. Do they have a CaringBridge site, Give InKind site or a blog? This may guide your path as a supporter.
- Coordinate food deliveries with TakeThemAMeal or a similar platform. Not a cook? You can always send a meal or give gift cards to local restaurants and cafés.
- Send snail mail (check out our free greeting cards here).
- Is financial support appropriate? Search for an existing GoFundMe page or consider creating one on behalf of a loved one.
- Help with childcare pickups, dog-walking, yardwork and chores.
- Donate to, or volunteer at a nonprofit that supports a relevant cause.
- Give blood and/or register to donate bone marrow.
- Send video messages, either alone or with a group.
- Give a collection of activities like books, magazines and puzzles, or create a personalized music playlist.
Supporting Families with Newborns
We spoke with 40 members of our community about the most thoughtful thing that someone did for them when welcoming a new baby. Some of their answers surprised us!
We frequently think about supporting people who are ill, in the thick of a life event, or on the road to recovery. But what about their caregivers? A new book offers insight into the grueling role of unpaid family caregivers and what friends, families and even strangers can do to help.Keep reading
We spoke with 40 members of our community about the most thoughtful thing that someone did for them when welcoming a new baby. Some of their answers surprised us!Keep reading
We have compiled our top 10 ways to help a loved one facing an extended illness or injury. Check it out!Keep reading