Winter precipitation is subsiding and daffodils are popping, which can only mean one thing: ‘Tis the season to plan teacher appreciation gifts! Teacher Appreciation Day is Tuesday, May 2 followed by Teacher Appreciation Week (May 8 – 12). To honor and thank of our beloved educators, I’m pleased to offer my biggest promotion of the year.
All teacher appreciation quilts ordered between March 23 and April 29 receive four free squares.
Personalized quilts make ideal Teacher Appreciation gifts. They are a great way to showcase young students’ creativity and personalities, while accommodating a range of class sizes. These one-of-a kind gifts can match school colors, incorporate a classroom theme or even a teacher’s interests. Wouldn’t a cozy quilt make a nice addition to a classroom reading nook?
How it works
- Select a color palette (or choose your own) for the quilt.
- Mention “Teacher Appreciation” in the occasion field on the order form to qualify for the promotion.
- Purchase the number of squares your class needs (less the four freebies).
- Choose a fun theme for the kids’ artwork that represents the teacher, class or school.
- Distribute the artwork template to the class (or ask Quiltlove to handle this process — whichever works best for you).
- Allow about three weeks from the time the artwork is submitted until the time the quilt is shipped.
Please note that a minimum of 15 squares must be purchased at $25 each for the quilt to be a go.
For the sake of simplicity, I recommend a single person (e.g., room parent) purchase all the squares for the full class. However, this is not a requirement for the promotion. If squares are purchased by parents on an individual basis, the organizer will receive four squares to distribute as desired.
Past Teacher Appreciation Gifts
Looking for inspiration? Check out some of the Teacher Appreciation quilts I’ve made over the years. They are all so colorful and filled with personality.
I hope this promotion makes my quilts accessible to more groups and cannot wait to see what your kids create. This is my favorite promotion of the year, with endless possibilities for creativity. Teacher appreciation quilts take a bit of planning, but I assure you the payoff is sweet.
As always, thanks for reading!